Germany’s Ursula von der Leyen secured European parliamentary approval on Tuesday to become the first female European Commission president after she won over socialists and liberals with her vision of a greener, fairer and rule-based Europe.
- Russia’s oil production down 461,000 barrels daily in July, twice above OPEC+ deal commitments – CDU TEK
- Gazprom Neft-Lubricants sees no sanction-related risks for its foreign business partners
- Gazprom says gas output up 2.3%, export to Europe down 5.6% in 6.5 months of 2019
- Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline is 66.3% completed, Gazprom says
- EU steps up pressure on Venezuela’s Maduro
- Neighbors Face Off Over Texas’ Other Lucrative Resource: Water
- Moldovan President to meet Gazprom management to discuss discount on gas supplies
- Sberbank hopes to develop AI technologies with Yandex and Mail.ru
- Mexico plans cut in Pemex tax rate in revival effort
- Moldovan leader worried about possible halt of gas transit through Ukraine
Tatneft plans to put into operation the first stage of an oil and gas chemical complex (OGCC) development in 2021, with Russia’s first maleic anhydride plant to be built within its framework, the oil producer’s press service told TASS on Tuesday.
- Influential Hindu group says India should not issue foreign currency bonds
- Fintechs are best at improving their finances
- Banks bad loans down at Rs 9.34 lakh crore at FY19-end, says Nirmala Sitharaman
- Demand for bonds to finance tourism SMEs ‘four times initial target’
- Lagarde formally resigns from IMF ahead of likely ECB posting
- Finance Ministry cuts rates on government domestic loan bonds in hryvnia
- Fiat Chrysler slumps after Goldman Sachs says to sell the stock
- WTO opens way for Chinese sanctions against U.S. tariffs in Obama-era dispute
- CBO issues treasury bills worth OMR45mn
- Deutsche Bank to poach 13-strong team of ultra-rich bankers from Credit Suisse
International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde announced on Tuesday she had submitted her resignation from the global lender.
- Wall Street edges lower after mixed bank earnings, Trump comments
- Burberry bounce helps to push European stocks to 1-week high
- Wall Street slips after mixed bank earnings, Trump comments
- Stocks slip, U.S. yields rise on retail sales data
- Major stock market indices worldwide
- U.S. stocks open lower amid earnings
- Wall Street muted after mixed bank earnings
- Wall Street set for subdued open after mixed bank reports
- Ryanair halves 2020 growth plans on Boeing MAX delays
- China farm produce prices rise modestly
A gauge of global equities fell on Tuesday and U.S. Treasury yields climbed as a stronger-than-anticipated report on retail sales raised the possibility the Federal Reserve could move towards a less dovish stance.
- Where to shop online that isn’t Amazon
- Get up and go bots getting closer: Engineers succeed at 3D printing sensors embedded inside robots but find materials need improving
- Best anti-Prime Day sales: Top deals from Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and more
- A new immersive classroom uses AI and VR to teach Mandarin Chinese
- Three pillars for scaling intelligent automation: process, technology, people
- 5G RailNext wins grant to bring AR to South Korean and U.K. subways
- What’s the biggest barrier to AI adoption in healthcare?
- Canada set to delay Huawei 5G decision
- Poste Italiane opens country’s largest e-commerce logistics hub
- Apollo was NASA’s biggest win — but its legacy is holding the agency back
That smart speaker in your home could serve as the base for another smart — and adorable — idea if you buy into what Eric Grudzien and Karen McIlquham have created.
- SAIC General Motors Is Sticking With Low-Emission, but Unpopular Engine
- Tesla drops cheapest Model X, S variants, cuts prices to simplify lineup
- Spanish judge blocks Madrid council bid to lift car ban
- Carmakers drive acceleration of US manufacturing output in June
- News analysis: Can Fiat-Chrysler meet challenges in betting big on new electric Fiat 500?
- South Korea accuses Japan of “lukewarm” stand on NK sanctions
- Tesla slides after cutting prices of vehicles shipped to China and downsizing its US product lineup
- China’s struggling economy faces moment of truth
- Zelenskyy Urges Voters Not To Vote For Servant Of The People Clone Candidates
- Skoda Rapid Rider limited edition launched in India for a starting price of Rs 6.99 lakh
They were the earliest adopters of the G3 — the first electric vehicle built by homegrown carmaker Xpeng Motors.