The scientists who re-engineered the plastic-eating enzyme PETase have now created an enzyme ‘cocktail’ which can digest plastic up to six times faster.
The Biden administration’s call to lift patent protections on COVID-19 vaccines to help poor parts of the world get more doses has drawn praise from some countries and health advocates
- Physicists describe new type of aurora: Discovery comes from reanalysis of two-decade-old video
- Germany Takes the Lead in Global Race to Net Zero With New Goal
- The Duchess of Cambridge re-wears her engagement blouse, proving she’s the ultimate royal recycler
- China’s Emissions Now Exceed All the Developed World’s Combined
- Some 170 Endangered Seals Found Dead on Russia’s Caspian Coast – The Moscow Times
- Shanghai Composite Index Fell 0.16% on Thursday
- GARP expresses concern for COVID situation in India – ThePrint
- Johnson, Merkel Urge Economic Powers to Pledge Toward Climate Change
- The Countdown to an Israeli War With Iran Has Begun
- Climate Change Raising Sovereign Credit Risk in Most Countries
For the 10th consecutive year, Arctic sea ice extent was smaller than the average over the past two decades.
- The 10 most extraordinary eco buildings around the world
- GARP expresses concern for COVID situation in India – ThePrint
- How to go on an eco-friendly camping trip this summer
- L&T Tech, Cyient, Tata Elxsi, KPIT Q4 Review – Demand Environment Seems Intact: Prabhudas Lilladher
- Green transition impossible without ‘blue economy’, EU says
- Researchers deploy new tagging devices to endangered basking sharks off west Cork
- U.S. Urges Preparedness for N.Korea’s Biochemical Weapons
- EU Court backs Commission’s ban on controversial neonicotinoid pesticides
- SS Motivation changes lives through social activism via its digital platforms – ThePrint
- New Jersey day care worker charged with abusing baby
Pointing out that a year has passed since the leakage of styrene monomer vapour from the LG Polymers at RR Venkatapuram that clamied at least 12 lives, Human Rights Forum (HRF) Andhra Pradesh and Telangana coordination committee member V.S.
- France trailing behind EU renewable energy goals
- Ground-breaking €3.7m marine energy mooring, anchoring and quick-connect system project set for Atlantic trials
- Safe Bulkers, Inc. Reports Stronger First Quarter 2021 Results As Market Improves
- Bitcoin mining: Is Scandinavia’s cryptoboom coming to an end? 06.05.2021
- Adani Transmission PAT up 82% at Rs 1,290 cr in FY21 despite dip in revenue
- Drop in Capital Investment Drags on Caixin New Economy Index
- 80% Of U.S. Coal Plants Are Uneconomic As Renewables Costs Drop
- Egypt will bring a royal mummy to Expo 2020 in Dubai
- UAE-Caribbean Renewable Energy Fund awards EPC contract to build resilient clean-energy project worth US$50m in Dominica
- Germany’s onshore wind expansion continues to struggle
A new Danish scheme to support energy produced by on- and offshore wind turbines, wave power plants, hydroelectric power plants and solar PV has been backed by the European Commission with an investment of 3 billion kroner.
- China’s export quota vacuum creates stumbling block for LSFO demand
- Oil Declines as Traders Assess Uneven Recovery in Global Demand
- Oil rises toward $70 a barrel on ‘reopening euphoria’
- INTERVIEW: Former Iran oil minister runs for president, with refining, petchem ambitions
- Oil Posts Strongest Open Since November as Rally Gathers Steam
- India’s COVID-19 crisis to inflict wound on oil demand, but not a deep one: FIPI chief
- Cefor reports post-IMO 2020 experiences
- Americas bunkers: Key market indicators May 3-7
- US base oil output reaches record low in February; refiners vulnerable ahead of hurricane season
- Spotlight: China’s long march to consolidate small refineries – Recent measures a game changer?
Oil futures traded lower Thursday, extending the previous session’s decline, as investors assessed disappointing data on U.S. gasoline usage and kept an eye on surging COVID-19 infections in India.
The Shin Bet security service on Thursday accused the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine of pilfering millions of euros from European aid organizations and governments to fund terrorist activities.
- Bank of Russia boosts share of gold, yuan in international reserves in 2020
- Russia’s Finance Ministry to use $1.66 bln for forex purchases on May 11 – June 4
- Russia’s MOEX Index down 0.19% as Thursday trading opens, RTS slips 0.16%
- Dollar down to 74.84 rubles, euro up to 90 rubles on Moscow Exchange
- Trading volume on Moscow Exchange up 12% in April 2021
- MOEX Russia, RTS indices in the green on Wednesday
- Donetsk gets first list of persons missing in Ukraine in 18 months
- MOEX Index hits fresh all-time high exceeding 3,628 points
- Russia’s MOEX Index up 0.7% as Wednesday trading opens, RTS adds 0.85%
- Dollar down to 74.82 rubles, euro unchanged as trading on Moscow Exchange opens
Russian market indexes were in the green during the trading session on Thursday.
- Will the $4B deal to buy Boomi pay off?
- IBM unveils world’s first 2nm chip
- Apple Glasses may offer the most comfortable mixed reality experience yet
- Premier League Selects Oracle Cloud Infrastructure to Power Advanced Football Analytics
- ADT vs. Vivint: Which professional home security system is better?
- SnapAV: solar and IPO stocks look sick
- Asian Companies Accelerate Shift to Bitcoin as Price Surges
- How AI is helping Nvidia improve U.S. Postal Service delivery
- Amazon Web Services debuts 5-week accelerator for clean energy startups
- Oppo launches Enco Air wireless earphones, Smart TV K9 in latest IoT push
Stocks rose in midday trading Thursday, as gains by technology companies offset falling healthcare stocks
- How low can you go? Volkswagen throws down the emissions gauntlet
- New car sales broke Australian records in April – and the industry says it’s struggling to keep up with demand
- U.S. Commerce Dept. presses Taiwan for more chips to automakers
- Ola Electric appoints Wayne Burgess as head of vehicle design
- Situationer: Carmakers ignore middle-class buyers
- Castore speeds ahead with McLaren F1 racing deal
- German factories on hiring spree to meet strong demand in April -PMI
- Kia’s April sales jump 78 pct on strong exports
- Coronavirus live updates | Defence Advisor of Tanzania first foreign diplomat casualty of COVID-19 in India
- The new gold rush: How Britain’s mines will be central to ending our reliance on China
Mahindra Group today announced the setting up of Mahindra Advanced Design Europe (MADE) in West Midlands, UK.