Applying for permanent residency

Luxembourg Times | Sep 19, 2020 at 11:25 AM
  • If you have resided in Luxembourg for an uninterrupted period of five years, EU citizens (or nationals from a country treated as such) and members of their family who are also EU nationals can apply for a permanent residence permit (carte de séjour) to the Immigration Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs.
  • Family members include spouses, registered partners, children under 18 years, unmarried adult children who are not able to register as students or paid employees, and parents living in the Grand Duchy.
  • All members of the same family (spouses, children, parents) are asked to submit their residence permit applications together, at the same time.