- Climate activists planned to fly toy drones around London’s Heathrow Airport on Friday in a controversial effort to shut down Europe’s busiest travel hub over the weekend.
- It was expected to make exceptions should this only involve miniature drones flying close to the ground and away from runways or flight paths — the rules Heathrow Pause intends to keep.
- London police arrested three men and two women on Thursday to prevent “criminal activity that could significantly impact on a major piece of national infrastructure”.
- Climate campaigners plan Heathrow drone shutdown (The Business Times: Sep 13, 2019 at 12:00 AM)
- AFP: Climate campaigners plan Heathrow drone shutdown (Focus Information Agency: Sep 13, 2019 at 4:12 AM)
- Climate campaigners plan Heathrow drone shutdown (Radio France Internationale: Sep 13, 2019 at 4:27 AM)