- The decline of nuclear in the global energy mix poses a threat to economies and efforts to reduce carbon emissions, International Energy Agency (IEA) Executive Director Fatih Birol said on Wednesday.
- At the same time, despite governments setting ambitious targets to cut green house gas emissions responsible for global warming, emissions hit a record high in 2018.
- Renewables also pose a threat to nuclear energy as costs fall and capacity rises, according to the annual World Nuclear Industry Status Report published in September.
- Keep nuclear in the energy mix to tackle climate change: IEA's Birol (Channel NewsAsia: Oct 16, 2019 at 12:00 PM)
- Keep nuclear in the energy mix to tackle climate change -IEA’s Birol (Financial Post: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:52 AM)
- Keep nuclear in the energy mix to tackle climate change -IEA's Birol (Reuters: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:50 AM)