- Delta Air Lines Inc said on Friday it will invest US$1 billion over the next decade in initiatives that would limit the impact of global air travel on the environment, the first airline to make a commitment of that scale.
- Bastian is an advocate of air travel as a way to connect people and economies across the globe but has been vocal about the industry’s responsibility in ensuring environmental sustainability.
- In the absence of more impactful short-term options, the industry has committed to a carbon-offset program that allows airlines to invest in verified environmental projects to offset their emissions.
- Delta to invest $1 billion to curb global air travel's climate impact (Business Insider: Feb 14, 2020 at 12:00 AM)
- Delta to invest $1 bln to curb global air travel’s climate impact (Financial Post: Feb 14, 2020 at 12:01 PM)
- Delta to invest $1 billion to curb global air travel's climate impact (Investing.com: Feb 14, 2020 at 12:00 AM)