- New Orleans is on track to become the next coronavirus epicenter in the United States, dashing hopes that less densely populated and warmer-climate cities would not be hit as hard by the pandemic, and that summer months could see it wane.
- Hotez noted that more research into how climate does or does not play a role in the spread of this coronavirus needs to happen, but acknowledged that experts hoped that warm weather and the coming summer months in the northern hemisphere would be natural buffers against it.
- The two cities have historically strong links made even more so by an influx of New Orleans residents into Houston following Hurricanes Katrina and Harvey.
- New Orleans is next coronavirus epicenter, catalyst for spread in south, experts say (Investing.com: Mar 25, 2020 at 12:00 AM)
- New Orleans is next coronavirus epicenter, catalyst for spread in south, experts say (Reuters: Mar 25, 2020 at 6:00 PM)