Researchers have successfully completed quantifying land carbon sink enhancement by carbon dioxide fertilization over the past five decades.
Europe is a leader in the battle against climate change, but it accounts for only 9% of global emissions.
The activists, aged 23 to 36, have been charged with theft after taking down the pictures from local government offices around the capital in February.
- Eight on trial in Paris for stealing Macron portraits (Business Standard: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:00 AM)
- Climate change activists on trial in Paris for stealing Macron portraits (Channel NewsAsia: Sep 11, 2019 at 8:51 AM)
- Eight on trial in Paris for stealing Macron portraits (Radio France Internationale: Sep 11, 2019 at 8:40 AM)
The asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs about 65 million years ago slammed into the Earth with the equivalent power of 10 billion atomic bombs, charred trees thousands of miles away, and triggered a mega-tsunami.
The remaining carbon budget to limit global warming to 1.5°C will be exhausted as early as 2028, even as the transition to low-carbon energy gains momentum.
Poland’s energy minister, Krzysztof Tchorzewski, said on Wednesday that the country would have to maintain controls on electricity prices to secure economic competitiveness.
AXA Investment Managers (AXA IM) is expanding its suite of impact investment portfolios by launching a private market strategy focusing on opportunities that address the basic needs of emerging consumers across regions including Latin America, South and South East Asia, and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Alaysian authorities distributed half a million face masks to residents on Tuesday after large-scale forest fires in Indonesia spread smoke and thick smog to neighboring countries.
The appointment of Frans Timmermans as Executive Vice-President for the European Green Deal – as well as Climate Action Commissioner – was von der Leyen’s opening revelation as she unveiled her new team.
The last time major central banks shifted gears together, it was a cooperative move to keep the financial crisis of a decade ago from becoming a full-bore, worldwide depression.
- In a fracturing world, central banks still stuck together (Financial Post: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:00 AM)
- In a fracturing world, central banks still stuck together (Investing.com: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:00 AM)
- In a Fracturing World, Central Banks Still Stuck Together (New York Times: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:06 AM)
- In a fracturing world, central banks still stuck together (Reuters: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:00 AM)