- New York, the hardest-hit state in America, on Wednesday reported its highest number of coronavirus-related deaths in a single day with even veteran doctors and nurses expressing shock at the speed with which patients were declining and dying.
- The number of coronavirus cases in New York state alone approached 150,000 on Wednesday, even as authorities warned the state’s official death tally may understate the true number.
- Officials have warned Americans to expect alarming numbers of coronavirus deaths this week, even as an influential university model on Wednesday scaled back its projected U.S. pandemic death toll by 26% to 60,000.
- Speed of coronavirus deaths shocks doctors as New York toll hits new high (Reuters: Apr 8, 2020 at 11:56 PM)
- U.S. coronavirus death toll passes 14,600 (The Hindu: Apr 9, 2020 at 1:51 AM)