- New York state, epicenter of America’s coronavirus crisis, set another single-day record of COVID-19 deaths on Wednesday, as veteran doctors and nurses voiced astonishment at the speed with which patients were deteriorating and dying.
- The number of known coronavirus infections in New York state alone approached 150,000 on Wednesday, even as authorities warned that the official death tally may understate the true number because it omits those who have perished at home.
- Officials have warned Americans to expect alarming numbers of coronavirus deaths this week, even as an influential university model on Wednesday scaled back its projected U.S. pandemic death toll by 26% to 60,000.
- Speed of coronavirus deaths shock doctors as New York toll hits new high (Thomson Reuters Foundation: Apr 9, 2020 at 3:16 AM)
- Speed of coronavirus deaths shock doctors as New York toll hits new high (Reuters: Apr 9, 2020 at 3:16 AM)