- Dutch police on Saturday said they had detained 130 protesters with environmental group Extinction Rebellion who blocked locations in downtown Amsterdam to draw attention to climate change.
- The group, which wants governments to take immediate action to avert the worst devastation outlined by scientists studying climate, is engaged in two weeks of civil disobedience in cities worldwide.
- In Amsterdam, demonstrators brought a boat decorated with climate change slogans to the famous “Blauwbrug” bridge in front of City Hall.
- Dutch police detain 130 Extinction Rebellion protesters (Investing.com: Oct 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM)
- Dutch police detain 130 Extinction Rebellion protesters (Thomson Reuters Foundation: Oct 12, 2019 at 11:22 AM)
- Dutch police detain 130 Extinction Rebellion protesters (Channel NewsAsia: Oct 12, 2019 at 11:25 AM)