- The first beavers to live naturally in the wild in England for over 400 years have been given the green light to stay after a five-year trial showed their dam-building activities were good for wildlife and people.
- Instead, they were allowed to stay for five years under a trial spearheaded by the Devon Wildlife Trust charity which studied their behaviour and impact on the environment.
- The River Otter, like many of Devon’s rivers, is also home to otters.
- After 400 Years, Beavers Allowed Back in the Wild in England for Good (New York Times: 2020-08-06 09:54:42+00:00)
- After 400 years, beavers allowed back in the wild in England for good (Thomson Reuters Foundation: 2020-08-06 09:44:00+00:00)
- After 400 years, beavers allowed back in the wild in England for good (Investing.com: 2020-08-06 00:00:00+00:00)