Belal gas field is located east of South Pars in the Persian Gulf.
Iran said on Monday there would be no meeting between Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and his U.S. counterpart Donald Trump at the United Nations, Iranian state television reported, after the White House on Sunday left open the possibility of a potential meeting.
Oil prices surged as much as 19 per cent in early Asian trade on Monday on worries over global supply and soaring tensions in the Middle East.
- U.S. blames Iran for Saudi oil attack, Trump says 'locked and loaded' (Euronews: Sep 16, 2019 at 12:32 AM)
- U.S. blames Iran for Saudi oil attack, Trump says 'locked and loaded' (Swissinfo: Sep 16, 2019 at 3:40 AM)
- U.S. blames Iran for Saudi oil attack, Trump says 'locked and loaded' (Reuters: Sep 16, 2019 at 4:35 AM)
Iran dismissed accusations by the United States that it was behind attacks on Saudi oil plants that risk disrupting global energy supplies and warned on Sunday that US bases and aircraft carriers in the region were in range of its missiles.
- Iran rejects US claim it was behind Saudi oil strikes, says ready for war (Reuters: Sep 15, 2019 at 2:07 PM)
Iran’s Foreign Ministry on Sunday denied the “pointless” U.S. claims that Iran is behind recent drone attacks on Saudi Arabia’s Aramco oil establishments.
Canadian shipments crossing the Strait of Hormuz in the Gulf should be confiscated in response to Canada’s recent move to sell Iran’s properties in the country, an Iranian official was quoted as saying by Press TV on Sunday.
The attack on Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities on Saturday that has threatened global oil supplies came from a direction indicating that Iran was behind it, and cruise missiles may have been the weapon of choice.
- Attack on Saudi oil facility came from direction of Iran, not Yemen -U.S. official (Reuters: Sep 15, 2019 at 8:21 PM)
The scope and precision of drone attacks on Saudi Arabian oil facilities show they were launched from a west-northwest direction rather than from Yemen to the south, where Houthi rebels claimed responsibility, senior U.S. administration officials said on Sunday.
Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani said Sunday that the U.S. policies are the root cause of problems in the Middle East region.
…When Yemeni rebels claimed responsibility for drone attacks on Saudi oil pumping stations and a pipeline four months ago, the Houthi movement warned that it was capable of much bigger attacks on the…