- Jordan’s King Abdullah reacts angrily to any suggestion that he might accept a U.S. deal to end the Arab-Israeli conflict that would make his country a homeland for Palestinians.
- U.S. President Donald Trump’s long-promised “Deal of the Century” to resolve the conflict is still secret, though leaked details suggest it dumps the idea of a full Palestinian state in favour of limited self-rule in part of the Occupied Territories.
- American officials deny contemplating making Jordan a Palestinian homeland, pushing it to take a role in governing parts of the West Bank or challenging the right of King Abdullah’s dynasty to custodianship of Jerusalem’s holy sites.
- Tremors across Jordan as Trump Mideast peace plan revives old fears (Reuters: Jun 14, 2019 at 9:34 AM)
- Tremors across Jordan as Trump Mideast peace plan revives old fears (Swissinfo: Jun 14, 2019 at 9:02 AM)