- Euro zone finance ministers are not planning any joint fiscal stimulus to complement the European Central Bank’s monetary package, but they are ready to act if the economy takes a turn for the worse, their chairman said on Friday.
- French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire, arriving for informal euro zone finance ministers’ talks in Helsinki, responded by proposing a “growth compact” for the euro zone that would focus on investment, reforms and debt reduction .
- Centeno, as well as European Commission Vice President for the euro Valdis Dombrovskis and French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire, pointed to “countries with fiscal space” as those who should spend more to help revive growth.
- Euro zone plans no joint fiscal stimulus, but ready if economy gets worse (Reuters: Sep 13, 2019 at 12:58 PM)
- Euro Zone Plans No Joint Fiscal Stimulus, but Ready if Economy Gets Worse (New York Times: Sep 13, 2019 at 1:16 PM)