- It is too early to say the European Investment Bank (EIB) has won its battle to end funding of fossil fuel projects, the bank’s president said on Monday, after European Union finance ministers backed such a move on Friday.
- On Friday, EU finance ministers in an unprecedented move backed the EIB’s call to phase out its funding of gas, oil and coal projects to help combat climate change.
- The EIB has sought approval to end from 2021 its financing of fossil fuel projects.
- EIB Says Too Early to Declare Victory in Battle to End Fossil Fuel Funding (New York Times: Nov 11, 2019 at 4:55 PM)
- EIB says too early to declare victory in battle to end fossil fuel funding (Reuters: Nov 11, 2019 at 4:27 PM)