The Swiss government and central bank will begin pouring money from Thursday into a slowing economy to prevent it from crumbling under the weight of the coronavirus epidemic.
The Executive is ready to issue an emergency ordinance on Thursday that allows the postponement of loan repayments to the bank for both individuals and companies, for a maximum period of nine months, President Klaus Iohannis said on Wednesday
About one-third of the country’s workers are employed in low-wage jobs that were among the first to go as America locks down to contain the spread of Covid-19, says investment banker Daniel Alpert.
India is likely to agree an economic stimulus package of more than 1.5 trillion rupees ($19.6 billion) to fight a downturn in the country that is currently locked down to stem the spread of coronavirus, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
- India likely to unveil $20 billion-plus stimulus package to tackle coronavirus downturn (Reuters: Mar 25, 2020 at 11:12 AM)
- India likely to unveil $20 billion-plus stimulus package to tackle Covid-19 downturn: Report (Hindustan Times: Mar 25, 2020 at 11:26 AM)
- Exclusive: India likely to unveil $20 billion-plus stimulus package to tackle coronavirus downturn - sources (Investing.com: Mar 25, 2020 at 12:00 AM)
- Rs 2.3 trillion for 1.3 billion: Govt to announce stimulus package to fight coronavirus, says report (India Today: Mar 25, 2020 at 2:57 PM)
- India likely to unveil $20 billion-plus stimulus package to tackle coronavirus downturn (Money Control: Mar 25, 2020 at 2:18 AM)
Most euro zone bond yields edged higher on Wednesday after policymakers in Europe and the United States approved extraordinary measures to lessen the impact of the coronavirus crisis, although stock markets suffered some losses.
- Eurozone yields steady as U.S. fiscal boost soothes nerves (Financial Post: Mar 25, 2020 at 12:02 PM)
- Eurozone yields steady as U.S. fiscal boost soothes nerves (Reuters: Mar 25, 2020 at 12:01 PM)
Absolutely not, but it would be better equipped to handle them just as it would be better prepared to navigate the even larger challenges of climate change, the transition to renewable energy and environmental decline.
Leaders of nine EU countries urged the bloc on Wednesday to issue a “common debt instrument” to cushion their economies from the shock of the coronavirus crisis, challenging Germany and others adamantly opposed to pooling risk across the continent.
British banks must keep lending to businesses through the coronavirus crisis to ensure viable companies do not fail, the government and Bank of England said on Wednesday, after promising 330 billion pounds ($389 billion) in loan guarantees.
- UK tells banks to keep lending through coronavirus (Reuters: Mar 25, 2020 at 10:32 AM)
- UK government and Bank of England tell banks to keep lending (Reuters: Mar 25, 2020 at 9:29 AM)
- UK government and Bank of England tell banks to keep lending (Financial Post: Mar 25, 2020 at 9:30 AM)
Ulster Bank is to temporarily close 10 of its advice centres in Dublin and Cork and will cease opening on Saturdays at its 20 branches across the Republic in response to the Covid-19 outbreak.
Brazil’s government and central bank have entered crisis-fighting mode as they battle to limit the coronavirus outbreak’s impact on public health, businesses and financial markets.