…pandemic. But in pubs, coronavirus has struck at the heart of a nation’s social and cultural identity. Far more than churches or village halls, Britain’s lifeblood and community spirit flows across its…
Earlier on Wednesday, President Putin declared that Russians will have a paid week off due to the coronavirus pandemic; the extended public holiday will last from March 28 to April 5.
The chancellor’s letter urges banks and building societies to take “all action necessary” to ensure the emergency measures outlined by the government “are passed through to businesses and consumers”.
The International Monetary Fund and World Bank on Wednesday called for governments to put a hold on debt payments from the world’s poorest nations so they can battle the coronavirus pandemic, AFP reported.
The amount of distressed debt in the U.S. has quadrupled in less than a week to nearly $1 trillion, reaching levels not seen since 2008 as the collapse of oil prices and fallout from the coronavirus shutters entire industries across the globe.
Shares in Brazilian mall operators were trading sharply higher, erasing earlier losses on Wednesday, amid a spat with shopkeepers over rental payments during a coronavirus lockdown that has closed 550 out of 577 malls across the country.
The Swiss government and central bank will begin pouring money from Thursday into a slowing economy to prevent it from crumbling under the weight of the coronavirus epidemic.
The Executive is ready to issue an emergency ordinance on Thursday that allows the postponement of loan repayments to the bank for both individuals and companies, for a maximum period of nine months, President Klaus Iohannis said on Wednesday
About one-third of the country’s workers are employed in low-wage jobs that were among the first to go as America locks down to contain the spread of Covid-19, says investment banker Daniel Alpert.
India is likely to agree an economic stimulus package of more than 1.5 trillion rupees ($19.6 billion) to fight a downturn in the country that is currently locked down to stem the spread of coronavirus, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
- India likely to unveil $20 billion-plus stimulus package to tackle coronavirus downturn (Reuters: Mar 25, 2020 at 11:12 AM)
- India likely to unveil $20 billion-plus stimulus package to tackle Covid-19 downturn: Report (Hindustan Times: Mar 25, 2020 at 11:26 AM)
- Exclusive: India likely to unveil $20 billion-plus stimulus package to tackle coronavirus downturn - sources (Investing.com: Mar 25, 2020 at 12:00 AM)
- Rs 2.3 trillion for 1.3 billion: Govt to announce stimulus package to fight coronavirus, says report (India Today: Mar 25, 2020 at 2:57 PM)
- India likely to unveil $20 billion-plus stimulus package to tackle coronavirus downturn (Money Control: Mar 25, 2020 at 2:18 AM)