- Bitcoin extended losses on Thursday after suffering its worst day for a month on Wednesday.
- The biggest cryptocurrency fell 5.5% in early trade <BTC=BTSP> after slumping 7.7% a day earlier, when it dropped under $10,000 for the first time since Aug. 1 and posted its biggest fall since July 16.
- Other major cryptocurrencies, including Ethereum <ETH=BTSP> and Ripple’s XRP <XRP=BTSP>, which are often tightly correlated with bitcoin, also fell.
- Bitcoin slumps to two-week low on technical trading, market jitters (Reuters: Aug 15, 2019 at 8:28 AM)
- Bitcoin Slumps to Two-Week Low on Technical Trading, Market Jitters (New York Times: Aug 15, 2019 at 12:00 AM)