- It also cautioned investors not to confuse crypto with blockchain technology, the digital ledger that underpins many cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin.
- The move came a day after regulators in Shenzhen launched a similar campaign, and came as the PBOC prepares to launch its own digital currency.
- Bitcoin, known for its wild price swings, soared over 40% in two days after Xi’s remarks.
- Bitcoin plummets to a six-month low on China crackdown (Reuters: Nov 22, 2019 at 12:30 PM)
- Bitcoin Plummets to a Six-Month Low on China Crackdown (New York Times: Nov 22, 2019 at 2:13 PM)