- Asian stocks advanced on Friday as hints of progress in the US-China trade dispute and aggressive stimulus from the European Central Bank helped to counter worries about a global economic slowdown.
- The European Central Bank delivered bigger-than-expected stimulus, cutting interest rates by 0.10 percentage point to minus 0.50 percent, promising that rates would stay low for longer and restarting bond purchases of 20 billion euros a month from November.
- Fed funds rate futures price in an interest rate cut of 0.25 percentage point by the Fed next week but have effectively priced out any chance of a larger cut.
- Asian shares advance on U.S.-China trade hopes, ECB stimulus (Reuters: Sep 13, 2019 at 12:48 AM)
- Asian shares advance on U.S.-China trade hopes, ECB stimulus (Financial Post: Sep 13, 2019 at 12:49 AM)