- The yen was pinned near a six-week low versus the dollar on Friday as signs the United States and China were narrowing their differences over trade ahead of key talks decreased demand for safe haven assets.
- In the very short-term, guarded optimism about a resolution to the U.S.-China trade war should continue to push Treasury yields higher and weigh on safe-haven currencies.
- In offshore trade, the yuan rose 0.3% versus the dollar to 7.0459, the strongest since Aug. 19.
- Trade optimism pressures yen but markets wary ahead of Fed, BOJ (Investing.com: Sep 13, 2019 at 12:00 AM)
- Trade optimism pressures yen but markets wary ahead of Fed, BOJ (Reuters: Sep 13, 2019 at 5:04 AM)