- Chinese startup AutoX, backed by e-commerce giant Alibaba , has applied to test self-driving vehicles without an in-car backup driver in California, the first challenger to Alphabet Inc’s autonomous driving venture Waymo to say it has done so.
- Waymo, General Motors Co unit Cruise and Uber’s troubled self-driving unit are among the U.S. tech companies vying for a breakthrough in a market in self-driving vehicles that is struggling to meet its early promise.
- The others are autonomous tech startup Zoox and Sequoia Capital backed Pony.ai.
- Exclusive: Alibaba-backed startup AutoX applies for driver-less test permit in California (Business Insider: Dec 4, 2019 at 12:00 AM)
- Alibaba-backed startup AutoX applies for driver-less test permit in California (Reuters: Dec 4, 2019 at 3:51 PM)